11/01/2013

Karima

One of the many goals in life I have is to witness the Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) in Mexico. I'm fascinated by this event and would love to be there to see it myself.
Hence why I've been wanting to do a shoot inspired by the gorgeous sugar skulls for a while  -and did  so last year.

So you might remember this face if you've been following me for a while.
This photo could have been part of La Calavera de Karima, but it's not. Again a matter of killing your darlings.

Anyway, about 1 1/2 years after shooting this and with the Day of the Dead in mind, I wanted to try to retouch this image.
I outsourced part of the retouching for La Calavera de Karima, but wanted to do everything myself this time. A task I underestimated...

Obviously, it's far from perfect and I could spend hours more on this image, but then Day of the Dead would be over and I wanted to have this photo online today!



Photography and post-processing VIORELLA LUCIANA
Make up and hair CITTY VAN AART
Model KARI VAN DER VOORT
Clothing 'T RONDJE GOES

Feliz Día de los Muertos!
Viorella

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten